Before I was gluten-free, I was never really a fan of sloppy joes or sandwiches like this as a kid. I ate all the normal foods a kid would eat in elementary school, but sloppy joes just wasn't one of them. Everyone says that your appeal to taste is always changing. So I guess I'm pretty glad that my tastes have changed and that I'm a huge fan of sandwiches now, this recipe especially.
While this recipe isn't a sloppy joe recipe, it's very similar and honestly much better tasting too. These aren't hard to make at all and only need a few ingredients, just as all my recipes too. Hope you're enjoying your summer and can add this to your list of delicious gluten-free foods to make!
- 1 Boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 6 cups all natural apple juice
- BBQ sauce of choice
- Cheese (optional)
- Udi's Gluten Free Buns
- Place the pork shoulder and apple juice in a large crock pot on low for 10-16 hours.
- Grab your buns, add the desired amount of pulled pork and BBQ sauce.
- Melt cheese on top if desired. Enjoy!
What's your favorite Summer sandwich? Comment below!