Gluten Free Drinking Guide

Living a gluten free life is hard enough as it is but learning what alcoholic beverages are gluten-free can be tough.  Check out the gluten free alcohol guide below to help learn what is safe...This was written by my mom since I'm obviously not old enough so don't worry. Lol!

Gluten Free Alcohol List: 
  • Armagna 
  • Gluten Free Beer
  • Bourbon (Specifically Makers Mark)
  • Champagne
  • Cider - fermented from apples or other fruits. (Note: some manufacturers add barley for flavor)
  • Cognac 
  • Gin
  • Kahlua
  • Margarita Mix (Jose Cuervo)
  • Mead (Distilled from honey)
  • Rum
    • Pyrat Rum XO Reserve
    • Bacardi  (Note: Bacardi Silver products are not gluten-free)
    • Captain Morgan
    • Havana Club  (All varieties)
    • Cacique Rum 
    • Malibu Rum 
  • Scotch
  • Whiskey
  • Scherry
  • Sparkling Wine
  • Tequila 
  • Vodka
    • Bushman's
    • Chopin
    • Ciroc (Grapes)
    • Hampton's
    • Kamchatka
    • Ketel One (Gluten-free but is made from 100% wheat)
    • Luksusowa
    • Monopolowa
    • Popov Citrus  
    • Popov Tangerine
    • Rain Organics Vodka (Made from 100% organic white corn)
    • Reisk
    • Smirnoff
    • Smirnoff Citrus Twist
    • Teton Glacier
    • UV Vodka 
    • Zodiac
  • Wine
Specific Notes from Manufacturers:

Skinny Girl Margarita:
"The ingredients in Skinnygirl Margarita are not produced from cereals containing gluten and do not contain gluten."

Note: Be sure to always check the ingredients on all foods and drinks that you consume.  The products listed above are naturally considered to be gluten free however manufacturers may add products for flavoring which can add gluten to them.  Contact the manufacturer of all products to confirm whether they are gluten free.

NewerStories OlderStories Home

25 comments:

  1. Well you're too young to drink, so you wouldn't know anything about this. ;-)

    BUT its also important to look at cocktail MIXES. I've found gluten in margarita mix and in bloody mary mix. So sad... but you can easily make you're own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely would not have known that..haha but that's good to note and I can add that to this guide if it would help people. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that when making some wines, the barrels are sealed with a paste that can contain gluten. Know anything about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true, however, the resultingnwine will have levels of gluten much lower than the threshold for any gluten free product.

      Delete
  4. Yep! I actually wrote an article on it which should help! http://glutenaway.blogspot.com/2013/06/gluten-and-cross-contamination-in-wine.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taylor, what about Bailey's Irish Creme?? Do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can add Woodchuck Hard Cider and Angry Orchard Hard Cider to the Gluten Free Beer List! Angry Orchard is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a company called Omission that makes 3 varieties of gluten free beer, and it's actually made from real beer and tastes like real beer! They brew it, then remove the gluten. I was very leery at first, but I have never had the slightest bit of a bad reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To my best knowledge, Bailey's Irish Creme has gluten. It is made from whiskey, which contains gluten. I have had reactions from Baileys.

    I switched to Amarula cream, which tastes even sweeter than Baileys (not a good thing for me), but contains no gluten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baileys contains whiskey. It did an act on me. Not recommended.

      Delete
  9. Just discovered Dogfish Head Tweason'ale last weekend. It's a fruity gluten free beer. It was much easier to drink than cider which is too sweet for me but still had a great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what about rootbeer schnapps?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely need to add Tito's Vodka...100% corn based, distilled 6 times so its smooth and made in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Titos is amazing, does anyone know about Belvidere Vodka??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scotch is NOT gluten free. Coming from a scotch lover, I can tell you it is made from malted barley. It is full of gluten, to my sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's distilled, so the gluten doesn't make it to the end product. I've been drinking plenty of scotch without issue.

      Delete
  14. "Vodka" made from anything but potatoes is not vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Not only was it a shock, but it has me running in circles. I am almost 67 years old, and hate to think I have to start cooking meals for one or two again. Hats off to you Taylor. This is the best comprehensive website I have found. Great job, young man!! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tito's graciously also has a GF note on its labeling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I contacted the Bailey's Irish Creme folks and they said there is no gluten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Be careful of the flavored vodkas. The caramel one have gluten in them. I make my own flavors now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Be careful of omission beer or any other gluten removed product. Omission beer makes me sick. I noticed that they have since lost their gluten free status. Another one is Mongozo, it too is gluten removed and make me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everyone check out glutendude's website...and alcohol list!!!

    ReplyDelete