Since receiving The Delight Gluten-Free Cookbook, I've been eager to try a lot of recipes. A lot of them are very easy so of course I went straight to the dessert section. This one was by far one of the best looking out of all and one that did not disappoint. I guarantee if you make these cookies for your kid or really anybody that they will automatically be in cookie heaven. I decided to top my cookie off with So Delicious Dairy Free Ice Cream and trust me, it made it so much better. Give this recipe a try and make sure to check out The Delight Gluten-Free Cookbook too!
- 2 cups lightly salted peanuts
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Vanilla ice-cream (optional)
- To make the cookie filling, in a food processor, combine peanuts, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and pulse until smooth. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 350 degreees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the cookies, in a large bowl, beat together peanut butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder, and salt until a smooth dough forms.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. With your fingers, gently press dough into flat disks.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool completely.
- To assemble the nut butter sandwich cookies, fill 2 cookies by spreading a teaspoon or more of the chocolate filling in between them. Repeat until all cookie are sandwiched with filling. Top with ice cream if desired. Enjoy!