Here in Florida and in most places in the U.S. it's still pretty warm out. Even though it's warm it is now officially Fall which means one of my favorite things of all is here. Pumpkin recipes! I thought that I would share with you a refreshing gluten-free pumpkin recipe before it gets too cold and is too late. This smoothie is easy to make and very good too. It is also dairy free which can be great for a lot of you if you are dairy free as well. Enjoy this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Apple Smoothie while it's still warm!
- 1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tsp. water, or as needed
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup crushed ice cubes
- Place apple in a plastic microwave-safe bowl; pour in enough water to cover 1/4-inch of the bottom of bowl. Partially cover bowl with a lid or paper towel. Microwave in 1 minute intervals until apple is softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Freeze apple in the same container with water until solid, 2 hours to overnight.
- Blend frozen apple, almond milk, and pumpkin puree in a blender until smooth; add brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth. Add ice and blend until smooth.