Best Ever Gluten Free Paleo Pancakes

Have you ever had one of those days where you really start to crave a food. I'm not talking about an every once in a while chocolate cravings. I'm talking about a craving for the most random food, and for whatever reason you can't get rid of it. Well for me, I happen to be craving pancakes...and bad. I was in a debate with myself to go back to grains and just get the craving done with. But I decided I needed to take the Paleo route instead. I for one have never tried Paleo pancakes, and honestly I didn't know if I even wanted to. I was afraid their would have no taste or would just have a type of weird rubbery texture. Well I was wrong!

This is a recipe I so happily found at peelingbacktheonionlayers.com! It was everything I could ask for in a gluten-free, paleo pancake and so much more. It had great taste and basically had the normal texture and consistency of any normal pancake. I honestly wouldn't of known it was gluten-free if I was any other person. It's super easy and thankfully fulfilled my pancake craving that had been going on for so long.

To see the original recipe, Click Here!

Best things about these pancakes:
  1. You really wouldn't know they are gluten-free! (let alone paleo)
  2. They don't need a ton of crazy ingredients! (unlike some recipes I can't stand..)
  3. It's very easy to make! (really anyone could do it!)
  4. It can also be used to make crepes! (what else could you ask for??)
I'm very happy to be able to share this recipe with you and I hope you give it a try. Thanks Dawn for the awesome recipe!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbsp. coconut butter (Earth Balance butter can substitute)
  • ½ cup coconut flour 
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 tsp. gluten free vanilla extract 
  • water
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch of cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Add 1 tablespoon coconut butter to blender. Add water to make ½ cup total. Blend.
  2. Mix this along with all the other ingredients in a blender until completely mixed.
  3. Grease a large skillet to cover the bottom. Allow it to heat on a medium setting.
  4. Batter is a little runny so only put in a tablespoon of batter at a time to make a small pancake.
  5. Top with syrup or fruit if you like and enjoy!
Note: To make like crepes, add a Tbsp. or 2 more of water to make it a little more runny.


Paleo lunches and quick meals I think are hard to do..if you need easy meal plans, this Paleo Power Lunch Cookbook has tons of great recipes, tips, guides, and ideas to give you meal plans to make meals easier! To view this cookbook, Click Here!
NewerStories OlderStories Home

4 comments:

  1. Now that looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many carbs are in it

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 1/4 cup serving of coconut flour has about 16 grams of carbs. The recipe above calls for 1/2 cup so you are looking at 32 grams from the coconut flour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people may claim not to have breakfast. Especially for the millenials, many are grounded on the basis of busyness and no time, making them often skip breakfast. But do not be underestimated, in fact breakfast has benefits for our body health.

    Therefore spend breakfast even if only with a simple menu. Some paleo breakfast menu is simple and easy to make for millenials.
    http://bit.ly/2Ffxjg8

    ReplyDelete