This is a great recipe I found and actually messed up which is kind of funny. In the picture obviously the cookies are all scrunched together when they should of been little balls of cookie. But after trying them, the look didn't matter at all! This recipe is gluten and can be dairy free if the ingredients below are used. Hope they are a little better looking than mine were. I know they will definitely taste just as good and that's all that matters. Enjoy!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups smooth, salted peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate, melted (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are Dairy Free)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are Dairy Free)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped, roasted peanuts (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend the egg whites with the sugar. Then, mix in the peanut butter.
- Now very slowly stir in the melted chocolate, keeping it swirled and not completely mixed in.
- Using your hands or a scoop, form approximately 1 1/2 - 2 inch balls of dough and place them on the parchment-covered baking sheet. They should all be able to fit on a single pan and will definitely spread. Use 2 pans if needed.
- Place a few chocolate chips and peanut pieces on top of each, gently pressing them into the cookie.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. If they are gooey and doughy after they come out then that's how they should be.
- Cool the cookies for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- I really recommend keeping them in the freezer to make it like a candy bar cookie but still chewable!