Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

This is an awesome gluten-free recipe that I snagged from Enjoy Life Foods using their new gluten-free all purpose flour mix. All their new mixes are top 8 allergen free and have honestly made baking much easier as a gluten-free teen. I'd like to think that I'm a lot better at baking compared to most people my age, however, that doesn't mean I enjoy recipes with 100's of ingredients. That's really why I like Enjoy Life mixes so much because they make all recipes super easy to make. I'll be trying to include Enjoy Life mixes in my recipes a lot more this Fall, so make sure to check them out if you haven't yet. They are great if you want to avoid the top 8 allergies as well.


Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour Mix

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup dairy free butter
  • 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (I use Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour Mix)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 2/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
  • 2 Tbsp flax-seed + 6 Tbsp hot water
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract

Equipment:
  • Electric hand mixer
  • Mini muffin tins or regular sized muffin tins
  • 1 large bowl
  • 1 medium sized bowl
  • Wooden spoon

Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin tin or normal sized muffin tins.
  2. With an electric hand mixer, combine sugar and butter in a large bowl and mix for 3-4 minutes until well combined
  3. In a separate medium sized bowl, mix together the all purpose flour mix, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
  4. Take your butter/sugar mixture and add the flaxseed/water mixture, the mashed bananas, water and vanilla extract. Mix another 2 minutes with the hand mixer.
  5. Add the flour mixture to the large bowl and mix another 1-2 minutes with a wooden spoon until incorporated.
  6. Evenly poor into the greased muffin tins and bake for 16-18 minutes.

NewerStories OlderStories Home

4 comments:

  1. Those look like those mini muffins from the Entenmann's Little Bites packs! Hahahaha! Childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were my favorite! I ate those at an alarming rate in elementary school...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make this recipe without the Flax seed and water? Will it make a huge difference?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried this recipe without it so I am not entirely sure. I believe it's pretty important to hold it together since this recipe does not have an egg but it may be ok without it....so I can't make any promises!

    ReplyDelete