This is an awesome gluten-free recipe that I snagged from Enjoy Life Foods using their new gluten-free all purpose flour mix. All their new mixes are top 8 allergen free and have honestly made baking much easier as a gluten-free teen. I'd like to think that I'm a lot better at baking compared to most people my age, however, that doesn't mean I enjoy recipes with 100's of ingredients. That's really why I like Enjoy Life mixes so much because they make all recipes super easy to make. I'll be trying to include Enjoy Life mixes in my recipes a lot more this Fall, so make sure to check them out if you haven't yet. They are great if you want to avoid the top 8 allergies as well.
|Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour Mix|
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup dairy free butter
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (I use Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour Mix)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 2 Tbsp flax-seed + 6 Tbsp hot water
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Electric hand mixer
- Mini muffin tins or regular sized muffin tins
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium sized bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin tin or normal sized muffin tins.
- With an electric hand mixer, combine sugar and butter in a large bowl and mix for 3-4 minutes until well combined
- In a separate medium sized bowl, mix together the all purpose flour mix, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Take your butter/sugar mixture and add the flaxseed/water mixture, the mashed bananas, water and vanilla extract. Mix another 2 minutes with the hand mixer.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl and mix another 1-2 minutes with a wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Evenly poor into the greased muffin tins and bake for 16-18 minutes.