Sweet potatoes are generally used for dishes that aren't as sweet and are great fro mashed potatoes. But this gluten-free dish is a little different with how it uses sweet potatoes. This dish is actually a dessert and has a lot more healthy benefits to it than most desserts since it does use sweet potatoes! It's very simple to make and is dairy free as well like the other recipes I have shared. There are a few things you can add in as well if you want to personalize it like chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts, etc. Get creative with it and make a healthier gluten-free dessert dish your family will enjoy this Thanksgiving!
This is recipe #10 of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving!
- 4 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (Earths Balance is dairy free)
- 1/3 cup milk (Almond, rice, soy, etc.)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free bisquick or all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter (Earths Balance is dairy free)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and bisquick. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
The 9th recipe of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving below!