So it's been a while since I tried a new recipe and actually stated baking again. A lot of it has to do with trying to cut sugar completely out of my diet, but I felt like I was due for making something! I'm really not someone who likes a lot of really sweet gluten-free baked goods, so my goal with these was to make something not to sweet and something that would be perfect for the mornings. It's very lite and not too filling but has just the right amount of sweetness and flavor. Really the thing I was most impressed with was the texture. You know how a lot of gluten-free breads are really grainy and kind of stale? This was something I got used to with gluten-free breads in general which is why I have learned to just not really eat them anymore. But with this recipe it completely changed my view of gluten-free breads. It really was one of the best gluten-free baked goods I have ever made with texture, taste, and really everything about it. It is both gluten and dairy free and is by far the best gluten-free bread I have ever made. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (see link)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cups coconut oil (any other oil can substitute)
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, agave nectar, oil, milk and vanilla extract and stir into flour mixture just to combine. Stir in applesauce as well.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan and back for 18-20 minutes!