Almond Butter Cookie Ingredients:
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ Teaspoons chia seed meal
- 1 ½ Cups teff flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup gluten-free brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats. Mix together the applesauce and chia seed meal. Set them aside.
- Combine the teff flour, sea salt, and baking powder and set aside. Heat the almond butter for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Stir the brown rice syrup, vanilla, and applesauce into the warm almond butter. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion the dough and roll each one. Set them on the prepared cookie trays about 1 ½ inches apart from each other. Use the tines of a fork to press down the center of the cookie. Bake for about 10 – 13 minutes until the cookies are set.Don’t over-bake. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. If desired, once cool place one scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top of one cookie and top with a second cookie.
- If you don’t eat immediately, wrap each sandwich in plastic and freeze. Let them sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes or until soft enough to bite into.