When's the last time you stepped foot into a McDonalds? Maybe a year? Maybe more? For me it's been over 5. (Besides the time I had to pee real bad on a road trip but hey, that doesn't count) We all stay away from most of the items on McDonalds' menu we know it's just something we can't have. Personally, I wouldn't want to eat any of that crap anyways because I know not one thing on their menu can be good for my health. That being said, that doesn't mean that there aren't a few things from their restaurant that would be tasty. When I look at the Egg McMuffin I think, "yea...that's definitely one of them." The only thing is that a McDonald's Egg McMuffin is filled with so much chemicals and perservatives, it really doesn't need to be that way! You can make your own Egg McMuffin that's just as good (if not better) and the best part is it can be 100% gluten-free and dairy free too.
- 1 Food For Life English Muffin
- 1 Egg
- 2 strips of bacon
- Daiya Cream Cheese
- Daiya Cheddar Cheese
- Thaw English Muffin if they are kept frozen.
- Place Daiya Cheddar Cheese on 1 English Muffin half and microwave for 30 seconds. Add a pinch of garlic and pepper.
- Spread Daiya Cream Cheese on other half of 1 English Muffin.
- Turn stove on to medium heat and prepare bacon as desired.
- Use stove on medium heat to make one egg, over easy (or as desired).
- Add the bacon and egg to the prepared English Muffin. Enjoy!
Are there any classic foods that you miss since going gluten-free and would like to see me to recreate? Comment below and I'd be glad to give it a try for ya!