This is an awesome recipe that was brought to me by someone through my blog. It's free of most allergens and the best part is it's gluten-free! It is very easy to make since it does not involve any flour and it uses very few ingredients. Nothing too crazy and nothing too complicated which of course means it's a recipe I love. Give it a try and I'm sure you will enjoy it!
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbs. coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup water (add at the very end to be able to adjust)
- Optional toppings: crush walnuts, pecans or semisweet chocolate chips (see link)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl put all ingredients EXCEPT WATER (besides walnuts or other toppings) and puree – about 3 minutes – scraping down sides as needed. You want it pretty smooth.
- If the batter appears too thick, add water a Tbsp or two at a time and pulse again. It should be slightly thick.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the pan. Optional: Sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 - 22 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Remove with fork carefully and enjoy!