Activated charcoal is something that a lot of you may or may not know about. It essentially helps you get over a reaction to gluten much quicker and helps with getting glutened overall! But a lot of you may not know when to take it, if there are any side effects, or if there are any dangers while taking it as well. In this video I explain all you need to know about it as well as share some key points below.
Key points about activated charcoal:
- Try taking activated charcoal within 1-2 hours of getting glutened for a greater effect.
- Activated charcoal may help by binding with the offending food and preventing it from being absorbed by the body.
- Similar to digestive enzymes, activated charcoal will not necessarily prevent internal damage caused by gluten.
- It is not meant to relieve any pain or discomfort, however it will potentially help you flush the gluten out quicker.
- Most activated charcoal tablets do contain rice flour so be aware if you are avoiding rice.
- Activated charcoal can bind with medications, so consult with your doctor before you taking it if you are under treatment for any disease or condition.
- Some have mentioned gluten being in Activated Charcoal tablets. I have not found any with gluten but always check labels!
Hopefully this was helpful to you! If you have any questions comment below! You can purchase activated charcoal, Here!