This is something I'm definitely not going to take credit for but will say I'm lucky to have around to eat. My mom is actually the one who came up with this recipe, but who says that's stopping me from sharing it with you. I love chips and dips for just having a quick snack, and I love lettuce wraps for just....well I just love lettuce wraps. Haha, so what if I told you you could have the best of both worlds all in one recipe? Well now you can!
This Shrimp Ceviche is already naturally gluten-free, so you obviously don't have to worry about any problems with that. These natural recipes are always my type of recipes to do. You don't have to worry about reading labels, but most importantly you don't feel like crap afterwards! (My favorite) I'm going to give you 3 awesome reasons why you should take the time to make this snack.
- It's natural and extremely healthy!
- It has avocados and shrimp! (Great fats and protein!)
- It can be used for more than just one thing! (Chip dip & Lettuce wraps!)
- 1 cup shrimp
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/3 tomato
- 2 avocados
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper (If desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make sure all the shrimp, is washed and cut into bite sized pieces. Dice the tomato, onion, and pepper. Chop the avocado up as well.
- Next, add all the chopped veggies and shrimp into a small bowl. Add the remaining ingredients as well. Stir gently until all the ingredients are combined into one mixture. (You don't want the avocado chunks to be completely blended!)
- Serve as a chip dip or put it in a lettuce wrap, Enjoy!