100th Blog Post! (Giving Thanks)

There's many days that I would go about my blog and think I'm not doing enough, that I could be doing better, and would wonder I'm doing is actually making a difference. A lot of the things I write I am very critical about. Every little detail about my blog and posts matters to me, and sometimes I don't think about the one little thing that I always overlook. My age. I'm 16 and could be like any other teenager in the world. I could be going about life only worrying about myself, and choose to mope about my situation like many other teens I see. But I choose not to. One thing I need to do is sit back and realize what I'm actually contributing to the gluten-free community and how I couldn't do it without any of you. That's exactly what I hope to express with this post by just giving some thanks to many of you that have helped me along the way.

To me there truly is no better feeling to me than hearing I've impacted someone's life with something as simple as my story. I love hearing that I helped a person or family in some way with something I'm dealing with too. The responses I've gotten over the last couple months have been some of the nicest things anyone has have ever said to me and is something I always value with each comment I get. Here are just some of them that have reeaally made my day!

"I only know you from your posts but am so impressed, at 15, your celiac knowledge & ability to explain complex stuff far surpasses most in the medical community. Dream big kid, you are an inspiration!"
"I think you reaching out and letting people know about your story is very impacting. I know many people won't understand the seriousness of it, but you may be saving some lives." 
"Taylor, you're awesome! HUGE help to the community. I'm kind of jealous of you that you're such a rockstar at such a young age! You're going to have an amazing following in a few years! Great things are ahead for you!"  
"With your story and educating people about this, you may be persuading some people to adjust their lifestyle and to be more cautious about their health, stress and the food they eat!"
"Like other people have stated you are very well read and intelligent! Celiac disease is so hard to explain, and you have done an amazing job! You will do big things. Keep at it!" 

Over the past year, I've gotten the opportunity to help many more people than I could ever hope for through my blog. A lot of it on my part has been from hard work, and just learning to never giving up. But out of all the things I think has helped me most, it truly is the people that have just supported me along the way. There will be many people I thank and list off below! (Which I'm REALLY hoping I don't forget any!) But one person I am extremely thankful to of finally connected with is someone my age named Breann. I've gone years without being able to really relate to anybody my age or even have someone my age to just connect with that has Celiac Disease. It really means a lot to me that I do finally have someone to connect with and share so many things with where I actually don't sound crazy on the other end. She's someone I'm very happy to of met and is someone I hope to stay connected with far into the future!

But if there is one person I couldn't thank more, that person would definitely be mom. She has been by my side the whole time and has been my #1 supporter. She has always told me what I'm doing is making a difference in the world and would let me know how proud of me she is for what I'm doing each day. There's absolutely no way I could of ever had the will to keep at my blog if it wasn't for her in my life. I am thankful everyday for the support I get from both of my parents and I could never thank them enough for all the support they have given me throughout the last year.


Now..on to the awesome people that I can't thank enough!
Allie M. - I wanted to thank you for the awesome tips and view you give on being gluten-free in college. I know that it will be something I have to deal with here in a couple years so learning some things from you now I think is going to really help me a lot in the future. I really like your blog and can't wait to share your guest post you did for me! Thanks Allie!
Andrew C. - I have really appreciated you taking the time to reach out to me and just talk a little bit to get to know each other better. Featuring me in your GF magazine meant a lot to me to be in and I would really enjoy being able to meet up with you some time in the future. Thanks again for everything you helped me with!
Chrissy -Finally getting to meet you was something that really meant a lot for me to do. I think all that you share with your awesome videos has really inspired me to start doing videos of my own and has just given me a overall funnier outlook on being gluten-free! Hope we can meet up again soon in Orlando or wherever!
Cindy DG. - You've really helped me out pretty much from the very beginning and have been such a great supporter along the way. Letting me have a spot on the side of your page was something I really appreciated and I really look forward to your Gluten-free Fridays each week! Thanks again for all your help and support Cindy!
GFDougie - Many of the things you've done to support me you've done from the beginning. How passionate you are about the topics you express is something I really admire and appreciate to be able to share! Thanks again Dougie for everything you've helped me with and for your advocacy in the g-free community!
Gluten Dude - Every bit of your site and avocation has made me want to improve my blog and how far I go to advocate in so many ways. A lot of the things you write about is just down to earth and really speaks the truth. I couldn't thank you enough for your support you've given which really means a lot for me to get!
Jackie Ourman - I really appreciate all you have done to help me starting out from the beginning, but what I've enjoyed most is what you have helped me with recently. The tips for parents with celiac post was something that really helped me out a lot and was something I really enjoyed writing! Thank you for all you've done to help me and for coming to me with that awesome idea for that post!
Jennifer F. - I think a lot of the topics you write on and make people aware of are ones most people would not think about and are really needed. I never really considered sugars playing into how I felt each day until I started following your site and learning more from you. It has really helped me to limit my sugars and improve many things with my Adrenal Disorder that I couldn't be more thankful for. Thanks again for everything!
Kathleen & Brian - Both of you guys have been awesome supporters of me and have helped me out in many ways I couldn't thank you enough for. I really didn't know anything about virtual schooling but learned more about it from you guys and eventually took that route. By making this decision, it's dramatically improved how I feel each day and I probably never would of made it without hearing it from you both. Thanks again!
Kathy N. - I wanted to really thank you for reaching out to me to be a guest on your awesome show. I love and appreciate everything you do on your show and am so happy and proud that I have the opportunity to be apart of it! I'd be happy to come on anytime again and it would be great to meet you sometime in person too which we can hopefully arrange in the future!
Ken S. - I can't thank you enough for all the support you've given me. Really even the small things you've helped me with just involving going Paleo has helped a lot. I appreciate all the positive influence you bring on to me and many others through your blog and just advocacy through social media. It would be great meet you one day which is something I hope to plan on doing in the future.
Kim J. - Your support and advocacy of me has meant a lot. I still can't thank you enough for including me on your site and for all the kind things you have said to me and many others. Getting support like that and hearing I can make a difference is something that has greatly helped me to keep going. Thank you for everything!
Laura - From all the things you do and the perspective you take on gluten-free living, it is something I have learned tons from! I think what you are doing in the gluten-free community is awesome and is something I one day hope to be just as good at! I appreciate all the support you have given me and how awesome you have been along the way. Thank you!
Rachel C. - I really appreciated you advocating for me and doing a post on my story to share with others. All the awesome mixes and goodies you sent me really meant a lot and made me really happy to get in the mail. It would be very cool to one day meet you at a gluten-free expo or wherever, but I'm sure that day will come eventually. Thanks again for everything!
Rebecca Black. - I really appreciate how big of a help you have been to not only me but the gluten-free community throughout this past year. The first guest post you had me do on your blog really meant a lot to me and helped me realize it was the start to something I really wanted to do over the years. I really appreciate all you've done to help me and the support you've given me along the way!
Run Rebecca Run - Your blog and your story has really inspired me in so many ways. You inspired me to want to train myself to become a better runner and get back to running in general! I used to hate running, but now it's one of my favorite things to do because of you. I really couldn't thank you enough for that and for all the help you've been to me too. Thanks!
Sassy Celiac - I think your take and sense of humor about a lot of situations you write about has really taught me to try and have a more open voice on my blog. I really enjoy your blog posts and have been able to take a lot from it that I can apply to my own posts too! Thank you for all your support and help you've given me along the way! Also thanks for the dehydrator tips too:)


Thanks again everyone and I really hope you have enjoyed my first 100 posts! As I continue to blog and grow, what would you like to see in my next 100 posts?
NewerStories OlderStories Home

11 comments:

  1. Taylor, you are truly an inspiration for us all! I deeply appreciate your kind words and am happy to know that my mission to bring the issues that aren't as talked about to the table for discussion. Sugar is a huge issue and I'm glad that I can share my passion with folks like you at www.glutenfreeschool.com. congrats on your continued success and I'm excited to meet you one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen! It would be awesome to meet you one day too! I'm sure there will be many oppurtunities in the future at expos and such but I'm sure we will figure it out. Thanks again for commenting and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang Taylor...now I'm all weepy and stuff. Thanks for all you do. I was a bum at 16. You should be proud of who you are and what you do. You're making a difference. What's better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gluten Dude! I really do feel I am making a difference now with what I do and I do truly feel like there is no better feeling than that. I definitely hope to continue what I'm doing far into the future because I truly love what I'm doing right now an all the great people in able to connect with. Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taylor! You are the biggest sweetheart on the planet! And so smart and such a good citizen for this community and any other. And having had teenage daughters, I'm sure they would have thought you a *hottie* to boot! And whether or not it was your intention, what a FANTASTIC list of across the board GF support you've provided here! I'm so honored to be among the others you've featured. I'm going to reblog your post on mine, and add a link to this post to what I've already said about you. I wish you continued success, and I hope you know how deserving you are. You get what you give. Your attitude is the reason we all adore you. Thanks so much for including me in the celebration of your 100th blog post, and congratulations! {{big hug}} And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I know it's only the start of many more wonderful things to come, both from you and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing a phenomenal job and the gluten-free community appreciates it greatly. I appreciate the shout out and I'm glad we've connected! Keep up the awesome work and enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all you do! I have greatly enjoyed your blog thus far. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey man, I'm glad we were able to chat yesterday. I like the way you think and with big goals comes great rewards and also hardships but you're the kind of person that will persevere. You're doing great, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taylor, I know I told you on fb this morning but I want to tell you again here. You are an incredible inspiration and resource for me as a mom of young boys with food allergies and celiac disease. I really appreciate that you included me on this list. Thank YOU for all you do for the celiac community!

    I hope you are having a great birthday and I want to hear all about the cooking demo with the Hard Rock chef in an upcoming post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to thank Kim J for posting this on her blog that I follow. What an amazing young man you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for commenting! I would respond to you each individually but it would be a little long. I appreciate all the kind things you said and I hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for the bday wishes as well, I'm having a great time so far. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete