Ads 468x60px

March 28, 2016

The Best Gluten Free Pizza List For Dining Out & At Home


Pizza....probably the one food many of us can never get over after going gluten-free. I personally don't eat it much but when I do, I eat the entire pan with zero shame. I know you probably love pizza too but when's the last time you tried one that actually tasted as good as the old stuff? I've been gluten-free for 6 years now and I'll let you know that I've probably tried every gluten-free pizza out there. From restaurants, bought in stores, using baking mixes, etc. I've tried them all. That being said, I have a pretty good idea of what brands are best and I'm glad to share with you how to make and buy your very own with this list.

Note: Not all options below are considered "celiac safe". I advise looking at the allergy information beforehand before you try a restaurant/product.

The Best Restaurants That Sell Gluten-Free Pizza:



The Best Gluten Free Pizza to Buy in Stores: 


The Best Gluten-Free Pizza Mixes to Make Your Own:


My Personal Favorites That I Trust as a Celiac:

Blaze Pizza - I have trouble trusting any place I go when it comes to dining out with celiac disease. But this is one pizza place that I come to trust time and time again. They have vegan and gluten-free options, use a dedicated crust press, and even have dedicated gluten-free toppings to avoid cross contamination. If there is one near you, then I would definitely give Blaze Pizza a try.

Daiya Gluten Free Pizza - While this isn't the best tasting pre-made gluten-free pizza in the world, it's come a long way. You know that it's 100% safe and what's even better is that it's dairy free too. There's over 4 different types to choose from so it's definitely a good option to make at home. There may be better options out there if you can tolerate dairy. But in my opinion, it's one of the best gluten and dairy free pre-made pizzas around.

Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Pizza Crust - It's not very often I talk highly of a gluten-free product like this. But this gluten-free pizza crust is as good as it gets. It's honestly the best I've ever tried, thick, and close to real pizza crust. Please try this crust if you miss pizza because I know it will fulfill your thick crust pizza needs that you've been craving for so long.

Enjoy Life Foods Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix - Enjoy Life has always been a company I love but this time they've out done themselves. With a pizza crust mix that only needs 2 ingredients, this is as easy as it gets. Not only is it easy to make, but it's also top 8 allergen free and delicious too. It's a great option if you have to avoid more than just gluten.

gfJules Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix - Jules has always had some of the best mixes in my opinion and her pizza crust is definitely one of the best. It's super easy to make and it actually comes out fluffy which is something we all miss. Sure, thin crust can be great, but it's pizza crust like this that you're definitely looking for.


What's your favorite gluten-free pizza? Are there any gluten-free pizzas not on this list that you love? Comment below!

12 comments:

Rebecca Pytell said...

Blaze sounds super awesome! If I can get vegan options too then I'm sold!

Felicia said...

I agree, having the courage to trust strangers with your food takes time. It's especially exciting to see that major chains like Domino's and California Pizza Kitchen are taking serious steps to make delicious pizza inclusive of the gluten-free community. Feeling empowered to eat pizza is such a beautiful thing!

Felicia at Ingredient1
https://www.ingredient1.com/bytes-and-reads/

Anonymous said...

Spin Pizza

Chris Coneeney said...

I would add Joan's GF Bakes sicilian pizza. I like thicker crust pizza and this is none compares to Joan's

http://www.gfgreatbakes.com/product-p/sicilian%20pizza.htm

Chris Coneeney said...

I would add Joan's GF Bakes sicilian pizza. I like thicker crust pizza and this is none compares to Joan's

http://www.gfgreatbakes.com/product-p/sicilian%20pizza.htm

Margaret Clegg said...

My favorite frozen pizza is Sonoma Flatbread's by Donato's. That's my non-gf husband's favorite as well.

Unknown said...

Memories Gourmet Pizza Company out of Wisconsin make great gluten free pizza's. I especially like the choices they offer and the fact they are large pizzas.
http://www.memoriesgourmetpizza.com

Taylor Miller said...

Great suggestions! Thank you all!

Anonymous said...

Please proceed with major caution with Blaze. Keep in mind that Blaze per their own website and all three locations where we have been asked they use the same dough press for both gluten free and gluten filled dough: Per their website: http://www.blazepizza.com/faqs/

How gluten-free is it?
If you are simply looking to reduce the amount of gluten in your diet and don’t want to give up on pizza, we offer a delicious gluten free crust option, made in-house daily from European non-GMO gluten-free ingredients. Please be aware that our folks work with wheat-based flour and pizza dough all day long, and we use the same oven and dough press for both gluten-free and standard dough, so there is a good chance of some cross-contact in our restaurants. If you would like us to change our gloves or use a separate pizza cutter, we would be happy to do that at your request. If you are celiac or highly sensitive to gluten, we encourage you to carefully consider your dining choices.

ylime1981 said...

Marco's Pizza

grandma roxy said...

Mountain Mike's gluten free pizza is the best! At the ones where I have eaten, they are very careful to avoid any chance of cross contamination. And the employees are knowledgable and well trained.

Unknown said...

Papa Murphy has a gluten free pizza you can take and bake.

Post a Comment