How I discovered Paleo Scavenger:
Most of the foods I find are ones that I discover in the store or ones that are brought to me by a company to try for free. Of course I'm always open to free stuff and i'm glad to try it if it tastes good. But there's something about discovering a new gluten-free item on your own that makes it so much better. I first discovered Paleo Scavenger Granola at Expo East in Baltimore, MD of last year. I actually got to meet the founder, Brittany Chibe, and try the granola hands on for the first time. Since then, I fell in love with how amazing it tasted and was even happier to know that it was 100% oat free.
About the founder:
Brittany Chibe is a wonderful person that I had the pleasure of meeting at Expo East last year. Her story as to why she started Paleo Scavenger makes me love this granola even more and makes me very happy to support a small company that's so great.
"Hi! My name is Brittany Chibe and I'm the founder of Paleo Scavenger. I started PS in June 2014 with the mission to share my tasty, paleo granola with the world. I started eating a Paleo diet in 2013 while training for a half marathon, and my diet quickly turned into a new lifestyle. It became difficult to find snacks that fit within the parameters of the paleo diet. It was as if I was on a constant scavenger hunt at the grocery store searching for paleo-friendly snacks. Instead of searching for the perfect snack, I started making my own. I have always had a passion for baking, so I made paleo granola and carried it with me for a quick on-the-go treat. After sharing it with family, friends and other paleo foodies, I was encouraged to package and sell it. I took my product to local gyms and farmers markets to sample and sell the product and got instant customer validation. People loved it! And would pay for it! After determining there was a real market for my product, I left the corporate world behind to work on Paleo Scavenger full time. I feel so lucky and honored to be doing what I love and making products that people truly enjoy and feel good about eating."
|Baked Apples and Granola I made using Paleo Scavenger Granola|
Paleo Scavenger is:
Different flavors of Paleo Scavenger:
- Blueberry Paleo Granola (My favorite flavor)
- Cherry Paleo Granola
- Maple Pecan Paleo Granola
- Original Paleo Granola
My favorite things about Paleo Scavenger:
- It's 100% oat free and gluten-free which makes it a great option for someone who can't tolerate either!
- There are 4 flavors that are all different from the last. Plus they all taste amazing too.
- It's a great substitute for regular granola since it has tons of flavor and goes great with almond milk.
- It can be used in lots of great recipes. I even used it in a baked apple cobbler to give it some texture and flavor and it turned out great!
- It's a smaller company that's also fairly new. The founder, Brittany, is such a great person and someone wonderful to support when purchasing this granola.
Go to PaleoScavenger.com to learn more about where you can purchase it and how you can get some for yourself!