I've never really been a fan of donuts but since going gluten-free, I began to miss them a lot. My favorite donuts were the ones that always came around the holiday seasons. Ginger spiced ones for Christmas, special icing ones for Easter, and of course, pumpkin flavored ones for Fall. Since going gluten-free I've been completely unable to find a good gluten-free pumpkin donut. I've been a fan of Kinnikinnick's products for a while so when I heard I'd be getting to try their new Gluten Free Pumpkin Iced Donuts, I was all over it. I'm not joking, the entire box probably only lasted about 2 days.
The biggest surprise about these donuts has to be the texture. It's very fluffy, dense, and moist like a typical donut would be. Not to mention, the pumpkin spice icing and flavor was amazing too!
Not only did I get to try the Pumpkin Spice Donuts, but I also got to try the Soft Donuts with Vanilla Icing too! These happen to be egg free as well which makes it even better for those with other food allergies.
The texture was just as good, if not better, than the Pumpkin Spice Donuts and the sweetness was perfect. Again, this is coming from someone who is not a huge fan of donuts or sweets. So that should tell you how good these donuts actually are.
Both of these donuts from Kinnikinnick are absolutely amazing and some that I would definitely recommend to anyone. I'm always honest with my reviews and even like to point out the negatives in some products, but with this, I honestly can't find a single thing bad about the donut itself.
These donuts are:
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Soy Free
- Shellfish Free
- Egg Free (Only the Vanilla Icing Soft Donuts)
My favorite things about Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Donuts:
- What's awesome is that the pack comes with 6 full sized donuts. (They aren't mini or undersized at all)
- I really like how they are dairy free as well that way a lot more people can enjoy them!
- The texture was by far the best part about it. I've really never had a donut like this since my gluten eating days.
- I'm not into sweets and I very much liked these donuts. They were just sweet enough and would go great with almond milk or coffee!
- The pumpkin spice flavor is perfect for the Fall and will be a donut that you HAVE to try!
What I somewhat dislike about Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Donuts:
- There really isn't much! The price is $6.59 for a box which can be a little pricey but that's honestly not too bad for how much you get.
- Like most gluten-free foods, it needs to be kept frozen until eaten.
- I ate the box in 2 days and was sad when there was none left. I wish the box was never ending ;)
Since you've gotten to see how awesome these new donuts are from Kinnikinnik, I'd like to give you the opportunity to try all 4 flavors for yourself! 5 people will win 4 boxes each! Just enter below and you will be emailed by next week if you win!
Good luck to everyone that enters! I hope you win and I hope you get to try these awesome gluten-free donuts too! Make sure to check out Kinnikinnick.com to learn more about their awesome products!
Do you miss donuts since going gluten-free? What type of donuts do you miss the most? Comment below!