Ads 468x60px

July 24, 2015

Live Kombucha Raw & Organic Soda Review


Since going gluten-free, I've cut main brand sodas out of my diet for good. Water and almond milk have been the only drinks in my diet for the last 5 years and honestly, I haven't missed those sodas at all. However, whenever I make a nice gluten-free burger or hot dog, there are definitely times I think that a soda would taste good right about now. Most main brand sodas are naturally gluten-free, but of course that doesn't mean they're healthy. Soda is loaded with tons of chemicals, sugars, and other harmful things that aren't good for you. So when I came across Live Kombucha Soda that was both raw & organic, I was in heaven.





What is Kombucha:
Kombucha is a sparkling probiotic tea, fermented for a fixed period of time to produce a slightly sweet and sour fizzy tonic. It's a living drink that's both delicious and detoxifying (meaning it goes down easy and cleans you right out). It's wellness magic.


Different flavors:
  • Culture Cola (Like Coke)
  • Dreamy Orange (Like Orange Soda)
  • Living Limon (Like Sprite)
  • Pomtastic Blueberry 
  • Pure Doctor (Like Dr. Pepper)
  • Refreshing Rhuberry
  • Revive Rootbeer 
  • Sparkling Ginger

How it tastes (in my opinion):
If you're used to drinking regular sodas like Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi, etc, then live kombucha sodas may taste a little funny or different to you at first. But, if you haven't had soda in a while and if you're not used to drinking things like this, it will taste amazing. Also, keep in mind that this is a raw and organic soda with no artificial sugars. I've personally loved every single flavor and love being able to enjoy a healthy soda like the ones I used to drink.


Benefits of Live Kombucha:
  • Enzymes which help you break down sugars and process nutrients
  • B-vitamins your body needs for energy, healing, and brain function (the happy vitamins!)
  • Electrolytes that aid hydration
  • Antioxidants which reduce cell oxidation, i.e., slow down the aging process and prevent proliferation of ugly intruders like cancer cells
  • A number of different organic acids, including lactic acid, which is essential for healthy digestive and liver function; malic acid, which is helpful for liver detoxification; butyric acid, which guards and protects the lining of your stomach; amino acid, the building block of muscular tissue; and others.

My thoughts as a teenager:
Most reviews seem to be pretty generic and don't offer a true opinion on a product. Very rarely do I see negatives on a product review so here's my honest opinion.
  • Live Kombucha Soda does not taste exactly like the typical soda you're used to and may not be great to everyone
  • The flavors are honestly amazing and do resemble main brand flavors such as Dr. Pepper
  • You actually don't feel bad after drinking it and it's a great compliment to most gluten-free foods
  • I really enjoy how there are 8 different flavors. The Rootbeer was my favorite, Ginger my least favorite, but all the rest were great
  • Live Kombucha Soda is the only soda I will drink since I know it's healthy for me. I'd recommend you try it too :)
You can find Live Kombucha Soda at Targets around the U.S.! Here's their Store Locator!

Which flavor of Live Kombucha Soda looks the best to you? Comment below!

4 comments:

Arman Liew said...

mate, you need to teach me how to drink kombucha- I bought a bottle from WF and nearly chocked on it- not what I expected! These look pretty decent though especially in soda form!

Taylor Miller said...

The Live Kombucha Soda is the only kombucha soda I've tried and I've loved all of them! It definitely takes a little getting used to but I'd give theirs a try and you might like it more. The rootbeer especially!

Quantmlife said...

I would love to try these. I love rootbeer and ginger ale so those two would be my first choices.

Casey Cromwell said...

Pomtastic Blueberry sounds so refreshing! Congrats on the find - gotta love a new gluten free favorite popping up in your regular menu! :)

Post a Comment