Ads 468x60px

November 10, 2014

Keeping Up With Blogging And Preparing For The Next Chapter Of My Life

If you haven't noticed, I've been a little behind with my blogging lately. The GlutenAway Online Expo has taken much of my time up, which is a good thing, but keeping up with blogging has been difficult for me to do. I'm a senior in high school which means college is already right around the corner. There's so much for me to prepare for as the next chapter of my life is soon to begin. I've been blogging for 2 years and hope to keep doing so for a while, but I have a few other ideas on what I hope to do with GlutenAway in the future.


What's next for me:
As most of you know, I'm 17 years old and will be turning 18 in a few months. I'm actually already done with high school since I've been doing virtual school which allows me to get ahead. Luckily, this will let me prepare for college more as well as continue to work on the GlutenAway Online Expo! I've been blogging for over 2 years now and I've been so fortunate to be able to help so many. One thing many readers don't know is how time consuming blogging can be. As I grow up, I want to continue blogging to help you all, but I may not be able to do it as frequently. I'm sure you remember how busy college can be. But I figured if I can continue to help people along the way, I'd be glad to keep doing so.


What's coming to GlutenAway:
As I continue to work on the GlutenAway Blog some, I'll definitely be hoping to add some more aspects to the brand, GlutenAway, in general. The GlutenAway Online Expo is just one thing I hope to keep working on in the future. But there are so many other ideas I hope to incorporate as well to help you and the gluten-free community. I plan on sharing more in January of 2015, but they will all be things to help with gluten-free travel, gluten-free holidays, and easy access to gluten-free recipes every month. Look for more info on that in 2015 because I'll be very excited to share it with you. :)


More about myself and preparing for college:
Ok, so enough about GlutenAway and my blog. If you've been following me for a while, you'd know that I've been blogging since I was 15. I've come a pretty long way since then and had so much happen to me over the last 2 years! I met my amazing girlfriend in April of 2013, got diagnosed with POTS in August of 2013, started the GlutenAway Online Expo with my mom, and ran my blog all while in high school. To be honest, I already feel like I've done so much for the age I'm at, but I'm very excited for the next part of my life and what's to come next. My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years and we plan on going to the same technical college next year. I plan on going for Business Administration and she plans on going to become a Vet Tech! As someone who's been in a long distance relationship for so long, it will be very exciting to go through this experience together.

Since I was young, I've never seen myself as a person who would work for someone else. Working for myself and continuing to help people in the gluten-free community is something I know I will always do. But another passion of mine happens to be helping kids and families directly! I've always loved helping people through my blog and being able to help a mother or family in need. That's why in the future I hope to become a gluten-free nutritional consultant to help kids and families everywhere. I'd love to use my experiences as a teen to help people adapt to the gluten-free lifestyle easier. I figured, if I can use my life experiences to help people for a living, then I would truly never work a day in my life. Nothing could be better than that and that's what I definitely plan to do for myself in the future.

What was it like when you started preparing for college? Exciting, overwhelming, scary? Comment below! Would love to hear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Yes, going to college can be scary it is a totally different way of life. However, you will do well because you have a good head on your shoulders with a lot of knowledge and I'm sure that it will be a lot easier for you because of your experience. All the Best Taylor and God bless you and your family.

Taylor Miller said...

Thank you! :)

kledford said...

You have accomplished so much already but I expect you will go even further. Good luck on your next venture and enjoy the time while you are doing it!

Post a Comment