Ads 468x60px

August 22, 2014

The Best Ever Gluten Free Mac & Cheese {Dairy Free}



Since going gluten-free I've had a hard time finding easy recipes for some of my favorite foods as a kid. Going gluten-free is hard enough...but having to go dairy free on top of that is even harder. I know there are tons of great pre-made gluten-free macaroni and cheese brands out there but I have yet to find one that is dairy free. That's why my mom and I decided to make our own! This recipe is both gluten-free and dairy free plus it's one of the easiest recipes you can make. Be careful because you'll probably become addicted like me!


Ingredients:
  • 1 box gluten-free pasta (I recommend Deboles)
  • 1/2 bag Daiya Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 bag Daiya Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 tsp. garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper

Directions:
  1. Follow the step by step directions to prepare the pasta as directed on box.
  2. Strain all water from pasta. Place the pasta back in the pot then place on stove on low heat.
  3. Add milk, cheese, garlic, and pepper. Stir gently until fully melted.
  4. Serve and enjoy!

What's one comfort food you miss since going gluten-free? Comment below!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome mac n cheese!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor, thanks for sharing this recipe. I'm anxious to try it on my family when they visit the next time and appreciate all your added info on the side. Thanks again.

Melinda said...

my niece also has Celiac and I try to find products and recipes that my sister can try out. This one sounds simply delicious. Thanks so much for linking up to #kidsinthekitchen last week. Hope you come back

Anonymous said...

Thanks. my son just recently diagnosed and yes it has been a challenge for me. I'm so glad I found your blog.

Taylor Miller said...

You're very welcome, all!

Terra said...

Have you ever frozen it and then baked and served later?

Becky becca said...

This is dairy free? I'm new to this, and my daughter was diagnosed with a dairy allergy. Daiya is a dairy free cheese? We were totally dairy heads, and I'm trying to find alternatives.

Denise Bourgault said...

Becky becca I've recently been diagnosed with a dairy allergy also and the Daiya brand "cheezes" are fabulous!!!

Heidi said...

My mom's famous mac and cheese is something I miss terribly :( No one can make it like her. I also miss her homemade crescent rolls.

Tam G said...

This sounds so good. My question is: what size bags of Daiya cheese are you talking about, do they only come in one size?

Anonymous said...

As someone who cannot stand the Daiya cheeses, I am wondering if they are overpowering in this recipe? I do not want to spend the money if I am not going to like it.

Marsha said...

All new Follow Your Heart cheese is much tastier than Daiya.

Post a Comment