Ads 468x60px

June 20, 2014

Very Easy Gluten Free Key Lime Bars {Dairy Free}

I've never been a fan of lemon or lime anything. I always thought it brought a sour taste and I never understood why anyone would enjoy it in a dessert! That was until I tried these Gluten Free Key Lime Bars from Gluten-Free Mama! My mom and I changed some of the ingredients ourselves to make it easier for you to make. They still taste amazing even with the less amount of ingredients. I really recommend trying it with dairy free vanilla ice cream as well or really any vanilla ice cream! This is a great gluten-free dairy free dessert for Summer that's easy too. Give it a try!



Ingredients:
  • ¾ cup Mama’s Almond or Coconut Blend
  • ½ tsp. sea salt
  • 1 cup granulated sugar (Any other sugar will ruin the taste)
  • 3 eggs
  • ¼ cup fresh key lime juice 
  • 1 Tbsp. key lime zest
  • ½ cup Earth Balance butter
  • Powdered sugar (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, combine flour, and salt.  Mix and set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar until frothy.  Add key lime juice and zest.  Pour in melted butter.  Mix well.  Add flour mixture and mix until well combined.
  4. Lightly spray 8×8 pan with cooking spray. Spread batter into pan.
  5. Bake for 25-28 minutes.  You will know it’s done when the top starts to brown and a toothpick inserted comes back clean. 
  6. Cool completely.  Dust with powdered sugar if desired.  Enjoy!

Are you a fan of lemons or limes in a dessert or recipe? Comment below!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love lemon desserts of all kinds. I look forward to making this because my husband is Lactose Intolerant and will be perfect for him as well.

Anonymous said...

Question - will any general purpose Gluten Free flour work or do you have to use Mama's. I am new to this and have used Cup4cup flour in some of my recipes.

Taylor Miller said...

I'm sure any gluten-free all purpose flour will work as well. I have never tried another flour but I can't see why it would change anything about it so I'm sure it will be fine!

Anonymous said...

My daughter will love these. She can't have dairy and is on a Gluten free diet . She does love desserts so this will be a winner!

Anonymous said...

Cup4Cup works fantastic in baking...

Anonymous said...

Can I use regular lemon or lime juice? Can't find key limes.

Taylor Miller said...

Yep! Regular lemon or lime juice should work just the same.

Anonymous said...

My local grocery stores sell Key Lime juice in the juice aisle alongside lemon and lime juice.

Post a Comment