Ads 468x60px

January 27, 2014

Extremely Easy Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cookies

Usually I'm not a fan of cake or cookies. I'm not like most teenagers where I enjoy tons of sweets or sugary things. I probably enjoy sweets once every couple months so that should let you know the type of person I am. But when it comes to this cookie recipe it is by far the best cookie recipe I've ever tried. Not only is it the best but it is also super easy too! It's both dairy free and gluten-free which means a lot of people can enjoy it. This is a recipe I found from Healthfulpursuit.com which you can find Here! I just adjusted the recipe a bit and added my own icing which I think made it a lot better. I hope you enjoy this easy 7 ingredient gluten-free cookie recipe!


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (see link)
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • ½ cup almond flour (see link)
  • ½ cup honey or agave nectar
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • ½ cup raisins (optional)
  • 1 vegan icing recipe or icing of your choice

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
  2. Shred carrots in food processor or blender. Place carrot shreds in a paper towel and wrap/squeeze to get all excess liquid out.
  3. Add all ingredients besides icing in a large bowl. Mix with spoon until well combined.
  4. Using a 1/4 - 1/2 cup, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Shape into cookies on the pan. The dough will be a bit loose, but it will hold together once baked. Repeat.
  5. Take baking sheet to preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden on the bottom.
  6. Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled, cover each cookie with icing and eat then or put in the fridge for later. Enjoy!


10 comments:

Maria Abualouf said...

I did it how awesome. .... Thank u very much next week I'll try the quinoa cookies

Taylor Miller said...

You're welcome! Glad you liked it!

Jessica said...

Sounds amazing! And I applaud you for being GF and for encouraging others at the same time. Sure wish I had known about it when I was 17!

Anonymous said...

One of my family members is peanut and tree nut free. Is there another gf flour you could suggest for us? Thanks!

Michele Germain said...

Why not rice flour? I was wondering that too.

Taylor Miller said...

Rice flour I think would work too! I'm pretty sure any GF flour would work but I've only tested almond so I'm not 100% sure.

Anonymous said...

These look great but they are vegetarian not vegan because they contain eggs (and honey unless you choose agave instead). Keep up the good work!

bsquires said...

Wonderful and easy!!! Thank you so much! I have missed carrot cake :)

Taylor Miller said...

Glad you liked it! :)

Unknown said...

Okay so I made these and loved them! I altered it slightly as I wanted it to be good for a friend with many allergies! I used 1/4 c applesauce and 1 tsp of baking powder per egg. I used 1/4 OF each tapioca and coconut flour going a tad heavier on the tapioca. I added one mashed banana to add moisture because the coconut flour can dry it out and added the vegan icing for half and the Martha Stewart cream cheese icing for the rest. Everyone loves them!! Thank you soon much!

Post a Comment